If you landed on this page you have most probably come across the error message below:
“Challenge not yet complete… here’s what’s wrong:
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually, this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you’re using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: QVWBQHAG” (the ID is different in each occurrence)
- Delete the existing dashboards/reports
- Delete it from the bin as well
- Wait for 5-10 minutes
- Try to Check Challenge again
- The original error should disappear and be replaced by a challenge related message like ‘Couldn’t find a Dashboard named Team Scorecard’ (ref.Business Administration Specialist “3. Create reports and dashboards”)
- Now try to create the deleted dashboard/report from scratch. Make sure you don’t make any mistake in the name, as for some people error appears when they rename a Dashboard
In the spirit of learning from experience, I listed below the tips for the future that should help you avoid the error:
- Before starting over it worth trying to debug. The main goal is to “undo” your actions one by one and find the point 0, when you don’t have the error message anymore. This way you can identify exactly what caused the bug. In my example, it was the action of Cloning the Dashboard that for some reason resulted in the error. Sure it’s a very artisanal approach, but it’s the only one you can do without having the access to the back-office that support guys have.
- To reduce chances of getting this error, whenever possible DO NOT CLONE Dashboards or Reports. Always create from the scratch. I know it’s annoying but it’s a sure path (ref. Business Administration Specialist)
- This rule of cloning won’t necessarily result in the above error in other Superbadges. Ex. Reports and Dashboards challenge didn’t result in the error when cloning Dashboards.
- Make sure you always Copy-Paste names from the Challenge description rather than typing it in. For some people, the error appeared when they renamed a Dashboard. And as a rule of thumb this will save you tons of time looking for the reasons challenes fail when those are in fact due to typos.
- If you tried the steps above and the error is still there, feel free to drop me a note in comments below, I’ll try to help you out.